What you need to have before meeting with a PR firm
To maximize your first meeting with any PR firm to discuss a project or ongoing support, having the following clarifying details will help guide the discussion:
- Goals and objectives for your project
- Budget range
- Coverage received to date -- has there been any media coverage? If so, bring a list of story headlines and dates
- Expectations -- have you ever worked with a PR agency before? If so, be prepared to discuss what worked and what didn’t
- Clarify what success looks like to you after the campaign is complete
- Clarify your communication style – do you like to meet in-person or via conference call? If so, how often? If not, will you expect weekly check-ins and status updates?